One student wishing to serve on the Mannion School Organization Team (SOT) may nominate themselves by completing this survey. Nominations will remain open until October 6, 2022 (5:00 PM). Once all nominations are verified only the names of the candidates, current grade, and their responses to two brief questions will be electronically distributed to students who will be provided an opportunity to vote.
The role of the SOT is:
1. Assist and advise the principal in the development of the Plan of Operation.
2. Assist and advise the principal in carrying out the Plan of Operation.
3. Assist with the selection of a new principal when there is a vacancy.
4. Student representative, like the principal, is a non-voting member of the SOT.
Requirements to serve on the Mannion SOT:
1. Must be a student attending Mannion Middle School during the 22-23 school year.
2. Serve between October, 2022, and September, 2023 (8th grade students may have to resign in August, 2023 – this is understandable and should not be a reason not to serve).
3. Attend and participate in meetings (once a month) on dates and times selected by a majority of the SOT members. Per guidelines, these meeting must be outside of the school day (after 3:30 PM).
4. Work to build consensus amongst all SOT members and make decisions to vote with the entire school population in mind.
For more information about the responsibilities of the School Organizational Team, please visit the website https://sites.google.com/nv.ccsd.net/reorg and/or contact the school principal, Todd Petersen, at PeterTC@nv.ccsd.net. You may also contact the school by calling 702-799-3020, ext. 4100.
To nominate yourself, please click on this form and submit it prior to October 6, 2022. (Students must be logged into the CCSD Google Account to access)