Congratulations, 8th Graders! Tuesday, May 24, is 8th Grade Spirit Day. We encourage all 8th Graders to wear their shirts on Tuesday. If you still want to purchase a shirt, limited sizes are available for $12 in the main office. Tickets to the banquet and dance are no longer being sold.
We are receiving questions about the upcoming 8th Grade Banquet and Dance, so I wanted to send an email to parents and students to help those making last minute decisions about what to wear, where to go, etc.
- Access to the banquet and dance, including drop off and pick up, will be in the back of the school. The front gates will be locked, so please arrive in the back parking lot.
- The dance will end at 9 PM. All rides should be there to pick up students at 9 PM. Please be on time for student pick up as a courtesy to teachers and administrators who need to go home and prepare (sleep) for the last day of school. At the same time, the banquet begins at 6 PM, and students who arrive early will have to wait outside. It may be hot, so there is no need to be early.
- Mannion administration and teachers will chaperone. The event is for students only, not parents (Parents can chaperone student events all summer long).
- Students who purchased a banquet and dance ticket will receive their ticket during 6th period on Tuesday, May 24th (similar to how students received their t-shirts). They must bring the dance ticket with them as proof of payment (It is a nice ticket, so they will be allowed to keep it for a scrapbook).
- The dinner is buffet style, so students will be allowed to get food then sit at any table. Table seating is limited to 8 guests (We are renting banquet tables, not using cafeteria tables, and asking kids not to move tables, chairs, etc.)
- This event is NOT formal and NOT semi-formal. Attire for the dance is comfortable and casual. Here are the details:
- The administration will require all tops to have some straps or sleeves
- All messages on shirts must be school appropriate.
- Shorts (for both boys and girls) must be an appropriate length for a school event (longer than what Larry Bird wore when he played for the Celtics)
- Skirts/dresses must be an appropriate length for students to be able to dance comfortably and appropriately. School rule is 3 inches above the knee, but we will provide some flexibility as long as it remains reasonable and appropriate for a school event.
- Costumes and Pajamas will not be permitted.
- Students will not be permitted to wear hats.
- Students must wear shoes the entire time, so wearing a new shoe is not recommended.
As a reminder, any inappropriate behaviors during the last few days of school will result in a student being denied the opportunity to attend the banquet and dance. Our expectation is for the 8th grade students to continue to make positive decisions until their last moment as a Mannion Mustang (11:50 AM on Wednesday, May 25, 2022).
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Mr. Petersen, Ms. Hargraves, Ms. Miller & Mr. Stork
Comments are closed.