Below is the announcement that was read to students on the morning of August 30, 2018:
Good Morning, Mustangs!
I appreciate all of you for being so great yesterday in the gym with school pictures. It is a big undertaking, and your cooperation and polite behavior was appreciated.
I have received some questions regarding the lanyards and IDs, so I want to take a minute to address these questions and concerns. This very announcement will also be emailed to your parents via ParentLink.
- Lanyards must be worn around your neck. Please do not double loop your lanyards, as this will not be permitted. If you have a concern with wearing a lanyard around your neck, please speak to one of the administrators.
- Students are not permitted to touch another student’s lanyard and ID. This is not appropriate, and will not be tolerated. Please be respectful of your classmates and their personal space.
- Students must wear the school issued lanyard. Golden Knights lanyards may be worn, but may not be work in lieu of your grade level colored lanyard.
- Lanyards and IDs must be worn between 8 AM and 2:11 PM. Students have the option of bringing the lanyard and ID home each night or leaving is securely in your locker.
- Students may purchase an additional lanyard and ID for $3. This lanyard and ID may serve as a backup or purchased in the event your lanyard and ID is lost.
- If you forget your lanyard and ID at home, you will be issued a temporary lanyard and ID by your first period teacher. This lanyard will be returned to your 6th period teacher at the end of the day. This will be logged using our classroom computers, and if it happens too often, there will be progressive discipline.
- Students will have the opportunity to earn pins for school related accomplishments, so decorating your lanyard with anything besides these pins is not permitted; however, students will be permitted to decorate their lanyard with only 1 pin of their choice. Please make sure the pin you select from home is school appropriate.
- If you were absent yesterday, you will receive your lanyard and ID either today or tomorrow. We will call you out of class for your picture to be taken.
Thanks again for a wonderful first few weeks of school and I am excited for the great things we will accomplish together this year.
Todd C. Petersen, Principal