Six parents wishing to serve on the Mannion School Organization Team (SOT) may nominate themselves by completing the survey available by CLICKING HERE. Nominations will remain open until September 16, 2022 (5:00 PM). On September 19, the Mannion administration will verify each nomination for eligibility. Once all nominations are verified only the names of the candidates and their responses to two brief questions will be electronically distributed to parents. This information will also be posted on our school website.
The role of the SOT is:
1. Assist and advise the principal in the development of the Plan of Operation.
2. Assist and advise the principal in carrying out the Plan of Operation.
3. Assist with the selection of a new principal when there is a vacancy.
Requirements to serve on the Mannion SOT:
1. Must be a parent of a student attending Mannion Middle School during the 22-23 school year.
2. Serve between October 1, 2022, and September 30, 2023 (8th grade parents may have to resign in August, 2023 – this is understandable and should not be a reason not to serve).
3. Attend and participate in meetings (once a month) on dates and times selected by a majority of the SOT members. Per guidelines, these meetings must be outside of the school day (after 3:30 PM).
4. Work to build consensus amongst all SOT members and make decisions to vote with the entire school population in mind.
Parents wishing to vote in the election may vote between September 26, 2022, and September 28, 2022 (closes at 5:00 PM). The policy will be one parent, one vote, regardless of how many children attend our school. Each parent will be required to submit a student ID number for their student and an email address to verify eligibility to vote as a Mannion parent.
The results will be shared with all parents via a ParentLink message on September 30, 2022, as well as being on the school website.
For more information about the responsibilities of the School Organizational Team, please visit the website https://sites.google.com/nv.ccsd.net/reorg and/or contact the school principal, Todd Petersen, at PeterTC@nv.ccsd.net. You may also contact the school by calling 702-799-3020, ext. 4100.