As a reminder, Field Day is tomorrow (May 10, 2019) for 8th grade students that received invitations. This is a fun opportunity for the 8th graders to come together as a class. All students are asked to demonstrate sportsmanship, civility, and unity.
Just a friendly reminder to all students to make “smart” decisions and keep in mind the following:
- Wear sneakers. Flip flops will not be permitted due to the nature of the games.
- No white clothing. Some games involve water, and white clothing is inappropriate.
- Students are permitted to wear sunglasses and wear hats to protect from the sun.
- Students should wear sunblock. My mother says SPF 50, and my mother is always right.
- Hydroflasks will not be permitted. Students will receive a water bottle for the day and there will be plenty of opportunities to refill it as necessary.
- Towels are optional. Students don’t get that wet unless they really want to at the end of the day. Keep in mind it will be in the 70s.
- At the end of the day, 8th grade students WILL NOT be permitted back into the building or access to their locker. This is to protect the carpet from wet sneakers, grass, etc. Please keep this in mind as you decide what to bring to school.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Todd C. Petersen, Principal
Comments are closed.