While our colleagues, friends and family members prepare for the much anticipated K-3 implementation of the Hybrid Instructional Model starting March 1, 2021, a number of questions remain for CCSD middle school students.
While we do not know when CCSD middle schools will transition to the hybrid instructional model or full in-person instruction, CCSD has tasked middle school principals to prepare for two significant opportunities to bring students back to campus – small group learning opportunities and the state mandated SBAC assessment. The purpose of this letter is to update our community with these preparations and to survey parents regarding possible participation in both.
- SBAC Testing will take place between March 1, 2021 and April 30, 2021.
- Students may not take the SBAC outside of a secured testing environment (must be done on campus).
- Parents may opt their student out of the SBAC, but the school has a goal of 95% student participation.
Small Group Learning Opportunities:
- Small group learning opportunities will provide identified students with the opportunity to return to campus to participate in distance learning under the supervision of a Mannion adult.
- Small group learning does not mean the student will be with his or her teacher. Instead, they will be in an assigned location, with his or her ChromeBook, participating in distance education.
- The number of students able to participate in small group learning opportunities is limited and may not occur on the same day as SBAC testing.
- Parents may request their student participate in a small group learning opportunity; however, the number of days is impacted by the available adults in non instructional roles, the number of days dedicated to SBAC, and the number of students requesting a small group learning opportunity.
The instructional model for middle school students continues to be distance learning.
All parents are asked to complete this survey so Mannion Middle School may begin organizing SBAC Testing and small group learning opportunities. While information and plans are constantly changing, our team remains committed to meeting the expectations of the Clark County School District, the Nevada Department of Education, and our parent community.
Our goal is to have a returned survey for each Mannion student regardless if you will or will not have your student participate.
Please try to have this survey completed by Friday, February 19, 2021. In the event you have questions regarding the survey, all members of the Mannion administration are available to answer questions. We will host two informational sessions to answer any parent questions.
Schedule for Q & A Sessions:
IEP Q & A Session with Misty Hargraves – February 18 @ 4 PM
Q & A Session with Mr. Petersen – February 18 @ 6 PM
The agenda for both meetings is available by CLICKING HERE.
Both of these links are also on the school’s website calendar for easy and quick access.
I appreciate your support, patience, and completion of the survey.
Todd C. Petersen, Principal