The first day of school is Monday, August 7, 2023. As families make final preparations, we want to remind everyone of a few things:
- Bus information is available through the CCSD Transportation Website. Concerns regarding transportation should be directed to 702-799-8100 or email@example.com.
- Students who walk/bike/scooter to school should follow all safety guidelines. Bikes and scooters that are parked in the bike rack must be registered with our Student Success Office. To register these items, please do so here.
- Parents who drop off students at school must do so on the side of the street OR in the front parking lot (the back parking lot is reserved only for busses). The front parking lot is one way, and parents are not permitted to drop off or pick up parallel to the ten orange cones. Cars must pull up to the curb, before or after the red zone and orange cones, so the student may exit/enter the vehicle quickly and safely.
- CCSD will provide universal free lunch for the 23-24 school year. Mannion also offers a student store (cash only) for students to purchase snacks ($1-$2). In addition, students may bring a lunch from home.
- ChromeBooks are not required on the first day of school. Students who did not pick up their CCSD ChromeBook this past week should bring the appropriate completed forms (Mobile Device Agreement & Mannion Contract) to first period. Upon receiving these forms, ChromeBooks will be distributed to students on Tuesday, August 8.
- PE Uniforms are not required for the first week of school. PE Uniforms ($20 cash) will be sold during class on Wednesday, August 9. In addition, uniforms may be purchased on the Webstore with a credit card.
- Student schedules are available in the Parent Portal. If a student is not able to access their schedule, they may visit the library before school on Monday for their schedule and locker assignment.
- All school rules will be enforced starting on the first day, so students and parents are encouraged to review the information on the Student Success Page of the Mannion Website. Teachers and staff understand that the transition to middle school takes time, especially for incoming 6th graders. However, our returning 7th and 8th graders know our expectations and we look forward to seeing them serve as positive role models for our newest Mustangs.
- The transition to middle school is also challenging for families. As a reminder, our monthly Parent Community Partnership Meeting is scheduled for 5:30 PM on August 10, 2023. To better understand the purpose of these meetings, please click here.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to members of our staff for assistance. All contact information is available on the staff page of the Mannion Website.
This is going to be another great year! Go Mustangs!
Todd Petersen, Principal