I hope this email finds you well. Governor Sisolak has extended school closures until April 30, 2020. We are in the process of updating our website appropriately and we encourage you to visit www.CCSD.net for more information on this developing story.
In order to meet the expectations of the Nevada Department of Education, Mannion Middle School is providing families, who do not have access to a mobile device, with the opportunity to use a school computer.
Students and parents who sign up for this limited opportunity do so with the understanding that this is a school computer, that its use should be carefully monitored at all times, and should only be used to complete school related learning activities. These devices should be returned at the end of the school year in the same condition in which they was issued. Any damage to the computer will result in a fine of $300 (cost of the device) and lost power cords cost $20. This fine will be placed on the student’s account. Only one device will be provided per family, regardless of the number of students who attend Mannion.
Families are responsible for internet access. On our school website, https://mannionmiddleschool.com/technical-support/, is information on where to find affordable internet access from a variety of companies (printed copies available during Chromebook distribution).
The process to request a device is as follows:
- Visit the school website, https://mannionmiddleschool.com/, and below both the red and blue box is a link to a survey. Please respond to the survey. If you are not able to access the survey, please email Ms. Miller (email@example.com) who will assist you with the survey.
- Ms. Miller will contact you with a date and time to visit Mannion Middle School to collect the Chromebook. During your visit, the following procedures are required:
- Chromebook distribution will take place in front of the building. Nobody will have access to the school building.
- Parent and the Mannion student must arrive together, preferably in an automobile, to ensure social distancing. During this process, please remain in the automobile at all times.
- If parents are a medical professional, first responder, or grocery store employee, we will make as many adjustments as possible to meet the demands of your schedule (we appreciate you!).
- Please bring a pen and something to write on (clipboard or a book), as there are forms that must be completed and pens and clipboards will not be provided.
- Bring the student ID so it can be scanned for Chromebook distribution. If the ID is not available, the student can provide their ID number.
- Follow the instructions of Mr. Petersen, Ms. Hargraves, and Ms. Miller. The process is organized to ensure social distancing and to limit hand to hand contact amongst participants. Staff members will be wearing gloves.
ChromeBook distribution will begin on Thursday, April 2, 2020. It will continue on Friday, April 3, 2020. Please wait until you are contacted by Ms. Miller with your arrival date and time.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Miller.
Todd C. Petersen, Principal