As the first semester comes to a close, I think it is important to remind parents and students of a few important things.
- The Mannion Community Center Angel Tree Gift Drive will end on Friday, December 15, 2017. If you are participating in this project, please make sure all gifts are delivered to Mannion Middle School by the end of the day on Friday, December 15.
- This week Mannion will host the annual choir, band, and orchestra concerts. Please check the school website for concert dates and times. For the enjoyment of all guests, please make sure students sitting in the audience are accompanied by an adult.
- Only 225 parents have completed the CCSD/Mannion Middle School Parent Survey. Please take a few minutes to visit the CCSD website and complete the survey. Your opinions of CCSD and Mannion Middle School are valuable and I hope to double the number of completed surveys before the survey officially closes on December 22, 2017.
- The monthly Parent Community Partnership Meeting scheduled for Thursday, December 14, 2017, has been moved from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM. This is to accommodate a time change for the start of the orchestra concert. As always, this meeting will take place in the library and homemade holiday cookies will be served.
- Semester exams will take place starting on Wednesday, December 20, through Friday, December 22. These will be half-days, so students will be released at 11:40 AM. Lunch will not be served during exam days but students may bring a light snack to eat in the Quad between tests. If a student is absent for one or more of the exams, the student is responsible for scheduling a make-up exam with the teacher(s). There are no late busses on exam days.
- On December 22, 2017, all lost and found items that have not been claimed will be donated. If you have any lost items, including sweatshirts and lunch boxes, please visit the lost and found in the dean’s office prior to Friday, December 22, 2017.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful winter break! Go Mustangs!
Todd C. Petersen, Principal
Comments are closed.