We are excited to proceed with our 6th Grade Orientation on Monday, August 2. We wanted to remind you of a few things to ensure the event is safe and successful for all students who are participating in Orientation and all parents who signed up for a time to collect the ChromeBook. Please read this entire email:
- If your student is experiencing any of these conditions, please DO NOT send your student to 6th Grade Orientation:
- Close contact with someone who has a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past 10 days.
- Tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 10 days.
- In addition, do not send your student is he or she is experiencing these symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- New or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- New or worsening headache
- Sore throat
- Muscle Pain
- Excessive fatigue
- New nasal congestion or runny nose
- All staff, student leaders, and student participants will be required to wear masks while on campus (this also includes parents who are on campus for a Chromebook, but that will be discussed further down). During lunch, students may remove the mask when eating and drinking. Masks must be worn so they cover the face from the bridge of the nose to snugly under the chin. Face coverings with exhalation vents, those that are open at the top or bottom (such as bandana or clear plastic face shields without an approved face covering underneath), or those that do not cover the face from the bridge of the nose to under the chin may not be worn. Also, Gaiters (style of mask) will not be permitted.
- Orientation begins at 9:00 AM in the Mannion Gym. Students may be dropped off at the front of the school or the back of the school. Students will meet in the gym (8th grade student leaders will be available at the entrances to direct the 6th graders). Parents will not be permitted on campus with their student unless the student has a documented individual learning plan and the request was approved through Assistant Principal Ms. Hargraves.
- Lunch will be provided. Students will receive two slices of cheese pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and a bottle of water. If your student has an allergy and is unable to eat this meal, the student may bring his or her own lunch. Students may bring their own water while participating in activities and may want to bring a sweater as the gym can become cold due to the AC.
- To be extra careful, the 1:30 parent meeting at the conclusion of Orientation has been cancelled. To find your student at the end of Orientation, or to tour the campus with your student, please read the information shared earlier in the week: https://mannionmiddleschool.com/recent-news/6th-grade-orientation-chromebook-deployment/
Important and Clarification Information for Parents Regarding ChromeBooks:
- If you signed up for a time to collect your student’s ChromeBook during 6th Orientation, please park in the front of the school and use the entrance by the flagpole. If you park in the back, you will not be permitted to cut through the campus. There will be adequate parking in the front of the school and parallel parking along the curb of the front driveway (not in the red zone, please).
- Parents on campus collecting a ChromeBook will be required to wear a mask. Please make sure your mask meets the same guidelines as those required for the students.
- Additional information about ChromeBook deployment for parents was sent out last week. If you missed it, please review the information posted on the school website here: https://mannionmiddleschool.com/recent-news/6th-grade-orientation-chromebook-deployment/
Please let us know if you have any questions. Otherwise, I look forward to a safe start to the 2021-2022 school year.
Todd C. Petersen, Principal