Basketball tryouts for the 2018-2019 season will begin on Monday, November 26, 2018. Only students that have turned in a completed Athletic Packet are eligible to participate in tryouts. As tryouts approach, please keep in mind the following:
- The last day for Intramurals for girls is Thursday, November 1 (see school calendar).
- The last day for Intramurals for boys is Wednesday, November 14 (see school calendar).
- Effective November 1, students without an approved Athletic Packet will not be permitted to participate in Intramurals.
- The last day to submit an athletic Packet, and be approved to tryout on November 26, is November 16, 2018. Students without approved Athletic Packets will not be eligible to tryout on November 26.
- Tryouts will last a couple of days, and due to only one gym, the tryout times will stagger. Girls will have first tryout (right after school) on November 26 & 27 while the boys tryouts will not begin until 4 PM. On November 28 & 29, boys will have first tryout (right after school) while the girls will not begin until 4 PM.
- Tryouts may or may not last the entire four days. Students should be available to participate in all tryouts and listen to the announcements for tryout start and end times.
- The 2018-2019 Basketball Schedule has not been finalized by CCSD and is not yet available to be published.
To be eligible to play basketball, students should have a 2.0 GPA and no Fs. Students are also required to have Outstanding and/or satisfactory citizenship.
Questions about eligibility and Athletic Packets should be directed to Assistant Principal Ms. Hargraves. Questions about tryouts and the schedule should be directed to either Coach Wallace (Boys) or Coach Roquemore (Girls).
We are excited for the start of the 2018-2019 basketball season.
Todd C. Petersen, Principal
Comments are closed.