Below you will find information about both the entry and exit routes for Mannion Middle School. We hope this will make the drop-off and pick-up of our students both convenient for our parents and safe for our students!
Mannion Middle School busses drop off and pick up students in the back of the school. Students are responsible for knowing their bus route number at all times.
Parents and students can prepare for the upcoming school year by accessing bus route information online.
Helpful information on the site includes bus eligibility, routes, stops and time schedules, according to a release from the Clark County School District’s Transportation Department. Parents or guardians can access their child’s information on transportation.ccsd.net or on Infinite Campus.
Registration information for bus services can be accessed by parents using their child’s Student ID number and date of birth.
The Transportation Department phone bank is also available for parents who need additional assistance at 702-799-8111. Officials warn parents that wait times may be long. Phone bank hours are on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. until August 26, 2017. After this date, Saturday hours will cease to exist.
The Transportation Department is dedicated to the safety of students. To make each day a success, professionals work together to consistently enforce rules that will enhance and promote a safe atmosphere. The rules listed below are posted in all District school buses and should be acknowledged and followed whenever a student is riding the school bus. Please take a few moments to read and discuss the following rules with your child:
SAFETY FIRST RULES
Parents/guardians, bus drivers, and the school should work together to communicate and enforce the safety rules. The following rules are posted on every Clark County School Bus.
- No weapons on the bus or at the bus stop.
- Students should arrive at the bus stop no sooner than ten minutes prior to their scheduled pick up time.
- Wait off the street until the bus comes to a full stop in a single file line. Never run alongside a moving bus.
- Load quickly, quietly, and orderly. No pushing or shoving.
- Promptly sit in your assigned seat, face forward, and remain seated until the bus arrives at your destination.
- Only small packages, backpacks, and personal belongings that can be held in your lap are permitted on the bus.
- No glass containers, live insect/animals or any other unauthorized items are permitted on the bus. Skateboards and roller blades are permitted if stored in an appropriate bag. Instruments or items too large for the child’s lap may be permitted, depending on space availability.
- Fighting, pushing, tripping, kicking or any other acts that cause injury to others will not be tolerated.
- No littering, vandalism, or destruction of property. (Your parent/guardian may be held responsible for the cost of the repairs).
- No excessive noise or outbursts causing distraction to the driver.
- No eating, drinking or gum chewing on the bus.
- No matches, lighters, tobacco or smoking on the bus.
- No profanity or name-calling or offensive language.
- Do not block the aisle and all body parts must be kept inside the bus at all times.
- Pupils wearing cleats or spiked footwear are not permitted on the bus.
- Buses will depart the school 7 minutes after the bell rings. Students must be on board and safely seated for departure.
- At your stop, remain seated until the bus has fully stopped, then go directly to the front exit door.
- The bus driver is responsible for the bus and the safety and well being of all students on and around the bus. The school bus is an extension of the classroom and the same rules will apply. Students on the bus are under the immediate supervision of the bus driver.
Your cooperation in following the above rules will make your trip safe and fun.
A PDF version of these rules is available in both English and Spanish by CLICKING HERE.
Parents that transport their students to and from school are not permitted to utilize the back parking lot. In addition, parents may not park in any areas along Paradise Hills or Skyline Road that are designated as “No Parking” by the indicated signs and/or painted red curb. These areas must remain clear for the busses to safely enter and exit Mannion property.
Parents may utilize the front of the school’s parking lot to pick up their child, but MUST follow Mannion Middle School’s parking policies, available via the button below, at all times.
Again, vehicles must be either in a legal parking space in the parking lot or appropriately parked along the curb and there is NO PARKING directly in front of the school’s entrance along the painted red curb.
Parking utilizing the front of the school parking lot must follow the one-way signs and be attentive to all students exiting the front of the building.
Finally, automobiles are required to follow all traffic laws around Mannion Middle School, including laws regarding the crosswalk, speed limits, and U-turns, as well as practice common courtesy to busses, walkers, and other drivers.
WALKERS & BIKE RIDERS
Student walkers may enter and exit the school property through the front entrance or the side entrance by the area commonly referred to as the “circle.” Bike riders are required to walk their bike as soon as they exit the sidewalk/street and enter school property. Bike riders must lock their bike in the bike rack area that is located in the front of the school. Once their bike is locked, bike riders may enter through the school’s front entrance. Walkers and bike riders are to use the sidewalks at all times as well as the crosswalk. Walkers and bike riders are reminded to look “both ways” at all times and may not “hang out” on school property unless they are with an adult in a supervised school activity.