The use by students of personal technology and communication devices such as cell phones, laptops, tablet computers, or other similar electronic devices, is permitted before school in the Quad or library, during scheduled nutrition or lunch periods, after school in the Quad, and school-sponsored activities at all District school campuses. During the instructional day, students may only use the devices with the approval of the principal. Use that violates state or federal law, any District policies or regulations, or the Clark County School District Acceptable Use Policy is prohibited.
The following policies must be followed:
- Student must access the Internet using the Clark County School District network. Network filters will be applied to access the Internet and may not be circumvented.
- Students who violate this policy will be disciplined as provided for in the Clark County School District Behavior Guidelines for Secondary Students and the Elementary Students Behaving Positively at School.
Examples of improper use of personal technology and communication devices include but are not limited to the following:
Interference with or disruption or obstruction of the instructional or educational environment, lawful mission, process, or function of the District.
- Academic dishonesty, plagiarism, or violation of intellectual property laws.
- Accessing files or internet sites which are not relevant to the classroom curriculum.
- Sending or displaying offensive messages, pictures, or language (i.e. sexting or use in a manner that is profane, indecent, obscene, or vulgar).
- Cyber-bullying, harassing, intimidating, coercing, threatening, or attacking others.
- Intruding into a person’s physical solitude and making public private information without consent.
- Engaging in commercial activities.
- Damaging computers, networks, or other electronic devices.
- Intentionally wasting network resources.