Please take some time to review the information below regarding the summer opportunities for students who want to join summer acceleration, retrieve credits, extend instruction, or prepare for high school by taking Health and/or PE.
Foothill HS Summer Acceleration & 9th Grade Health (In Person)
Questions regarding Foothill High School’s Summer Enrichment Program, including 9th Grade Health, should be directed to Foothill High School at 702-799-3500. Additional information, including their Summer Enrichment Catalog and Google Survey to sign up is below:
Foothill Summer Acceleration Course Catalog
Foothill Summer Acceleration Interest Survey
CCSD Summer School Credit Retrieval & 9th Grade PE (In Person)
- School Information Flyer
- Pre-Registration: April 24, 2023–May 24, 2023
- Clark County School District counselors must pre-register students for summer school courses, only if the family agrees to attend. The last day to register students is May 24, 2023.
- High School and Middle School Policies
- Regulations regarding student conduct during the regular school year apply to secondary summer school. A student will be withdrawn if more than four (4) days are missed during any session. Semester exams are scheduled for June 16, 2023, and July 10, 2023. Exams may not be taken early. There is no cost for students.
Nevada Learning Academy Credit Retrieval & HS Health/PE (NVLA Online)
- Student Enrollment: NVLA Student Enrollment Flyer
- Counselors may register students for one or two courses during the summer session for a total of one (1.0) credit earned.
- High School and Middle School Policies
- All classes are conducted online 24/7 through a computer-based learning management program & All tests and exams are proctored through the use of the HonorLock system; a webcam is required. Students must have access to a computer and the Internet, maintain the pace of coursework, and communicate weekly with the teacher. All coursework must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 14, 2023.
Extended School Year (ESY for IEP Students)
Special education and related services will be provided for students with disabilities, as articulated in each student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Dates: The 2022-2023 ESY dates are June 22, 2023, through July 18, 2023, from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Session I: June 22, 2023 – July 5, 2023 (No school on July 4, 2023)
Session II: July 6, 2023 – July 18, 2023
For more information about ESY, please contact Mrs. Goebel at 702-799-3020, ext. 4032 or email her at GoebePA@nv.ccsd.net.
2023 Mannion MS Summer Acceleration/Enrichment
Our 2023 Summer Enrichment Catalog. These summer learning opportunities are available for any current Mannion students and our incoming 5th grade students.
From May 30 to June 16, students will be provided additional time to accelerate learning, engage with peers and adult educators, and improve social-emotional wellbeing. There is quite a bit of information in the catalog, including a list of all summer sessions offered. Please take the time to review it:
2023 Summer Enrichment Catalog
Please use the form below to enroll your student for Summer Enrichment. If you have multiple students that attend Mannion or are incoming 6th grade Mannion students, please be sure to fill out one form per student.
2023 Summer Enrichment Enrollment Form
These courses will be for enrichment only and NOT for credit retrieval.
In addition, students enrolled in summer enrichment may sign up for as many weeks or few weeks as available, with up to three sessions per day. Sessions will be 1 hour and 45 minutes and there will also be a 30 minute lunch between session 2 and session 3. Refer to the schedule below for more information.
2023 Summer Enrichment Week/Bell Schedule
For those students who normally ride the bus to Mannion, transportation will be available; however, transportation eligibility for incoming 6th grade students may change due to the distance from their home to their new school of Mannion.
By utilizing CCSD transportation, parents and students understand that they must be enrolled in a class or session for the entire school day (8:00 AM to 2:00 PM).
Parents can utilize the Summer Enrichment Class Selection Form to note that their student has been assigned a bus this school year and will need transportation for the Summer Enrichment program.
Communication regarding transportation services to parents/guardians of eligible bus riders will be sent via ParentLink on Tuesday, May 23, 2023, and Friday, May 26, 2023, from transportation services.
- Students may bring lunch to school to eat in the cafeteria during the lunch period.
- Students will have access to free lunch from the school cafeteria during summer enrichment.
- The student store will also be open for students to purchase items for $1-$2.
Once you enroll your student(s) you will be receiving a Summer Enrichment Enrollment Calendar via email on May 12, 2023.
If you would like to make any changes to your child’s Summer Enrichment Schedule please email Ms. Hargraves at email@example.com.
All changes need to be submitted on or before April 28.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our school via the email links below or at (702) 799-3020 for additional information.
|Ms. Hargraves||Assistant Principal||Summer Enrichmentfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ext. 4000|
|Ms. Goebel||SEIF – Special Education||ESYemail@example.com||Ext. 4032|
|Ms. Meyers||23-24 6th Grade Counselor||Credit Retrievalfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ext. 4302|
|Ms. Slayden||23-24 7th Grade Counselor||Credit Retrievalemail@example.com||Ext. 4304|
|Ms. Felsenfeld||23-24 8th Grade Counselor||Credit Retrievalfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ext. 4303|